Old Colony Economic Development District
Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Committee Meeting
Date: March 6, 2017
Time: 12:00 PM
Location: Old Colony Planning Council, 70 School Street, Brockton, MA 02301
|Maryellen Brett, Vice Chair||Massasoit Community College|
|Shane O’Brien||City of Brockton|
|Michael Gallerani||Brockton 21st Century Corp.|
|Tracey Costa||Ransom Consulting|
|Noreen O’Toole||Town of Stoughton|
|Stephanie Danielson||Town of Easton|
|James R. Watson||OCPC|
Call to Order/Introductions: Vice Chairman Maryellen Brett called the meeting to order at 12:00 PM. Members were asked to introduce themselves.
Minutes of the January 9, 2017 Meeting: Shane O’Brien moved to accept the minutes of the January 9, 2017 meeting as written, seconded by Jason Hunter. So voted.
MassDevelopment Bond Review: There was none.
Guest Speakers: Mass Development Site Readiness Program: Ms. Victoria Maguire, SVP Real Estate Operations and Mr. Ed Starzec, Director, Land Entitlement, Massachusetts Development Finance Agency presented on the Site Readiness Program. They discussed the program’s purpose and why it is needed. Applications to the program are open until March 17. Application form and additional information are available at: www.massdevelopment.com/what-we-offer/real-estate-services/site-readiness. Follow up questions to Ed Starzec (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (617) 330-2035 or Laura Barrett (email@example.com) or (617) 330-2051.
Committee review of Work Plan and Draft Chapters 1, 2, 3, & 4 of the draft 2017 CEDS document. Committee members were asked to review these chapters and send any comments to Bruce Hughes.
List of Upcoming Events: Included in the meeting packet was a list of upcoming events for March 2017
- Maryellen Brett of Massasoit Community College said they will wrap up their 50th anniversary year celebration with an event on the main campus in Brockton on June 3.
- Shane O’Brien said the City of Brockton is working on an Urban Agricultural Plan. They had their second public meeting on March 1. They hope to have the plan in document form by mid April and on the Brockton City Planner webpage.
- Stephanie Danielson said the Town of Easton Economic Development council is trying to get a handle on commercial property in town including occupancy rate. This is part of creating an economic development strategy for the town. Easton has instituted an on-line permitting system.
- Noreen O’Toole said the Stoughton Site Finder is up and running. Real estate brokers are starting to list on it.
- Michael Gallerani said Brockton 21st Century Corp has a new website. With the help of Boston Arts College students they have completed a design of the Campello Main street Corridor. They would like to have their own Site Finder.
- Pat Ciaramella said the Old Colony Planning Council is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2017. We will have a celebratory dinner meeting on May 18 at the Hotel 1620 in Plymouth. OCP has applied for funding to get People GIS for 6 communities. A flyover will be done as part of this.
Adjournment: There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 1:00 P.M.
Old Colony Planning Council