Area Agency on Aging - Management Assistant
Objective: To add capacity to the day-to-day grant management function of the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) as well as general fiscal and bookkeeping assistance as needed.
Qualifications: Some combination of an Associate Degree in Human Services, or related field and 3-5 years of work experience in a non-profit or grant based environment. Strong computer skills and financial background are highly desirable.
Key elements may include:
- Element One: Assist AAA Project Work, as needed and Directed by AAA Administrator – Including but not limited to:
- Elder Affairs (EOEA) Reporting – financial & service level
- Invoicing through Elder Affairs E-Invoicing System
- Older Americans Act (OAA) Title III Grantee Application Process
- Area Plan development
- Element Two: Service provision data entry for AAA programs:
- Title III – Supportive Services
- Volunteer Transportation Program (VTP)
- Alternative Transportation options
- Long Term Care Ombudsman program data entry and other tasks as needed following Ombudsman program certification
- Communications to OCPC and Elder Services Network as needed
- Element Three: General Bookkeeping Skills:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll reporting and entries
- Additional fiscal department support as needed
Supportive communication and program related technology are required including use of position specific software programs for inquiries and data entry, as well as remote communication tools such as Zoom, MS Teams or others such as email and shared cloud-based resource tools through Microsoft Office 365 and underlying products such as MS SharePoint, Word, and Excel.
Offer - Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time position (35 hours) with a generous benefit package and an annual salary range between $45,000 and $50,000. Old Colony Planning Council currently operates on a flexible remote/hybrid office schedule.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to Executive Director Mary Waldron. The submission deadline is September 17th.